Read In Another Language

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Loving Can Be Easy, If...



Anytime the flaws of the one you love brings out the worst in you, it is a reminder, and you must be reminded, that you are as fallible as the one who you begrudge, as weak as the one you oppose, and as guilty as the one who you are bitter against.

But as we are patient with our loved ones and their flaws, we find ourselves learning lessons which help us become better people ourselves... We become more understanding, more friendly, more supportive, and indeed, more accommodating. When we transcend into this level of reality, loving becomes easy and much more selfless.

Sometimes, it's not about the flaws our spouses are dealing with, but about our impatience with them whenever those flaws manifest. No one does or should approve of imperfection, but we can learn to love an imperfect thing in a very perfect way, realising that no one is entirely weak, just as none of us is entirely strong.

And if we are able to make the appropriate measure of sacrifice necessary to keep our relationships going, we will be most blessed and honoured with the beauty that love provides. Think about it…

Blessings and more, to you and yours

SHALOM

7 comments:

  1. That is really true.. Never considered some of these things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I think of how God loved me with all my flaws and selfishness, how can I not want to learn to do the same. The carnal mind tends to suggest that unless a person does everything for you and bows down to you in every aspect of life that they don't love you. How selfish is this? We should do to others as we would have them do to us, and keep no record of wrongs, being more concerned about the other person. I asked the Lord to teach me about patience years ago, I had looked up the word in the dictionary. It means 'the ability to endure with calmness' I could endure some things, but only 'gritting my teeth'. The Lord quickly put me into a job as a carer in an old people's home. He could not have put me in a better place for six years to learn patience. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah. No one is entirely weak, just as none of us is entirely strong. Iron must sharpen Iron. Love can always work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a confirmation God put into my spirit when He began to show me Adam [ our failed nature] and its frailties. we cant just expect anything from that man. He is incapable. All the good lies in Christ. thanks bro for this wonderful piece

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flaws and all,we are unique in our own ways.. I live my life by this saying..'we are not merely complaining when we highlight the fault of others,its just that,we see ourselves having that same flaw and what better way to make ourselves feel good than to point out fingers?!! Tolerance is the key...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tolerance is the word, we need to learn to tolerate flaws in others, we are not perfect, so wanting perfection from another human is crazy.

    I like this post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nobody is perfect. We all have our flaws. The best way to deal with it is to learn to accept each other just as we are. Tolerance.... Bless u sir

    ReplyDelete